Saturday, January 17, 2009

Top 10 COUNTDOWN: #9

RSL vs Los Angeles Galaxy
May 3, 2008
RSL 1-1 LA
David Beckham made his visit to Utah, and the crowd was out in full to see him play.  And they got what they came for.
RSL opened the game up very quickly, with Fabian Espindola and Kenny Deuchar scoring very quick goals.  As the half was coming to an end, Beckham took over the show, scoring a pair of long, bending balls, one which came off of a free kick.  It looked like RSL struck back after the second goal by Beckham, but Deuchar was called offside (when the replay actually shows he was quite onside), and the teams went into the half tied two a piece, and that is the way that this game ended up.
This game is number 9 on my list, because I was able to see one of the best players in the world score two of the best goals I have seen.  RSL played a great game, and I got to see a lot of action.  I would have preferred a win by RSL, but I was happy as I left the stadium.

No comments: