Saturday, January 10, 2009

News and notes

Well RSL fans, I know that it is hard to believe, but we are only 10 weeks away from opening kick 2009.  I for one cannot wait.  Things are going to start getting a little busy, as the MLS Superdraft is set for this week.  I will update on that.
Before I get started with the countdown, here are a couple of RSL news and notes that I have heard about.
RSL has chosen not to exercise the option on Fabian Espindola.  It is quite possible that he is going to be cut.  While Espindola has spent a lot of time being injured, I think that he was one of the better strikers that we had on the team.  It will be sad to see him go.  Maybe if we could just convince him to not do any backflips after he scores goals.  
Rsl is also looking at what they are going to do with Kenny Deuchar.  He was one of my favorites, but did not score a lot of goals, which is what he was brought here to do.  However, I feel that if RSL had a player that could effectively feed him the ball, I think that Deuchar could score more.  


 

No comments: