Saturday, January 24, 2009

Top 10 COUNTDOWN: #8

My match at number 8 in the countdown is 
RSL vs. Colorado
August 29,2008
RSL 2-0 Colorado

This was a match that I was very excited to go to.  Earlier in the season, Real had lost in Colorado 2-0, in a game in which we could have taken 1st place in the western conference.  As this was our only game against Colorado at home this season, I was ready to go and cheer on my Real Salt Lake.  
This was an important game not only in the season standings, but for the Rocky Mountain Cup as well, which is between us and Colorado.
Game Recap: Fabian Espindola had 2 goals in this game, and RSL played excellently against their main rivals.  You could tell that RSL had come to play, and Colorado came out flat.  RSL had their way, and was able to play their style of soccer, and it led to the victory.
This game is number 8 on the countdown because it is a rivalry game, and I am always excited to go and see Real play against Colorado.  

No comments: