Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lets Get Started

Welcome once again to View From the North Goal.
I know, last year I really sucked at the blog, but I was trying to do way to many things with it. This year, the blog is strictly going to be reactions and my personal views on Real Salt Lake. If you are looking for news and information on the team, check out
www.rsltothecore.com. That is the team’s homepage on news and information. You can also check on some links from that page. My personal favorites are Keepin it Real and www.rslsoapbox.com.

It is still sinking in that we are the MLS Cup Champions. There is pride in knowing that when other teams play us, they will be playing the defending champs. 2010 looks to be a very good year, not only for RSL, but for the entire soccer community. The regular season looks to provide new challenges, as we work now for the Supporters Shield. There is also the excitement of a new team in the league, the Philadelphia Union, who might be starting Chris Seitz as their keeper. I can only imagine the game here, Rimando vs. Seitz. RSL looks to play in their first ever CONCACAF Champions League, and look to be only the third American team to win that prestigious tournament. In the summer, MLS might take the backseat as we look to South Africa and the World Cup, which might see the inclusion of our own Robbie Findley. I am very excited at what is to come, and I hope you are all as well.
As always, if anybody is interested in looking at tickets, let me know and I will work it out.
Check back next week as I will discuss some recent roster moves by RSL.

2 comments:

Haslam said...

Looking good man. Keep it up!

Jane said...

Welcome back VFTNG!